Thursday, April 10, 2008

The 39 Steps














Opening nights are always a little of a culture shock. In my own way I try to be social, though in reality my naivety ruins the experience.

The show was amazing of course, lighting perfect. 

My shyness and some champagne were probably the only two things that hindered the night. 

When introduced to Maria Aitken, (international star, amazing director, and then finally to me the only part I really understand, quite nice and allowing of my shyness ).. Im terrible with these things due again to my naivety and habbit of blank responses.. when introduced I ended up firstly taking the hand of another ASM who I'd met before.. before realising what I'd done and adding a polite 'hello' when taking the correct hand of the correct person.
She asked me if I were an actress. I'm not sure if that is a positive thing. I guess it is. My art allows me to a little, I suppose. We agreed it is a lovely gift to know what you are born to do, need to do.
and off I went to more champagne and hanging about with the boy to be introduced. 
A larger cast makes for a better opening night though, it seems.


1 comment:

George Alamidis said...

Love the last two entries Jessica.